Sunday, November 30, 2008

Conscience Vs Holy Spirit

How does the conscience work with the Holy Spirit? I think everyone is born with a conscience, something that God gave us to give us a sense of right and wrong. But when someone becomes a Christian I wonder wether it's now just the Holy Spirit speaking and convicting us or some sort of interlaced conjunction between the Holy Spirit and our conscience. Or can you say that a Christians conscience has also had a mini conversion. The conscience essentially just becoming the Holy Spirit for us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I think you mean "conscience." ;)

November 30, 2008 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

interesting question - I wrote a comment here to I can hear what others have to say

November 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Cabernet Leather said...

I reckon, the Holy Spirit is more active than the conscience. Everyone has a conscience but those that have the HS as well can better understand what their conscience is telling them, because the HS helps us understand God's word.

Also, the HS helps us to actually repent of the things our conscience tells us of.

That sounds a bit like I'm understating the importance of having the Holy Spirit working in us... that's not my intention.

November 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Der, I think you are right. Good thoughts!!

December 1, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home