Sunday, November 2, 2008

My turn - Our turn

I was just thinking about purpose and the reason why God created me and others. It's amazing to think that in all of history the billions and billions of people that God has created for his glory. Now it's my turn, our turn to bring God glory, what a privilege. Our little time here on earth is just so insignificant and feeble in the grand scheme of history, but that being said shouldn't this just be an inspiration a drive and a hope to forsake everything for the sake of Christ. I was reading Philippians and the bit that caught me out tenfold was 3:7-8, where Paul mentions that he counts everything a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ. If only my simple mind could understand these simple words :[ this was challenging stuff, praise God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabernet Leather said...

Thanks Josh, that was quite a profound little post! And very true. We really should make more of the time God has given us on earth, without forgetting that we have all the time in the world (or "out of the world"?) in Heaven.

November 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Renae said...

That's quite inspiring. You might remember me from when I've visited Astrid? Very cool blog you've got here. :o)

November 4, 2008 at 4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home